Any healthy person between the ages of 18-62, can become a Volunteer Blood Donor, regardless of nationality.
Each volunteer blood donor receives an individual volunteer donor card showing the units given every time, which can be used in an emergency for his/hers own need or for relatives need.
· The donation is completely safe and painless and takes 10 minutes
· The amount of blood provided by each volunteer donor is small and substituted within 10 minutes.
· The donation is refreshing for the body and protects against cardiovascular disease.
· The frequency a volunteer blood donor may give blood is 3-4 times a year.
· On the day of donation, you should feel good, be rested and have slept well the night before.
· Before the donation you should have eaten a snack (cheese pie, sandwich) but not full lunch and not have been consuming any alcohol or aspirin.
· After donating blood you should take the food offered to you.
· Best is not to drive or smoke for the next hour after donating blood.
(To ensure the safety of the donor and recipient)
· Those who suffer from hepatitis.
· Pregnant women.
· You will feel the moral satisfaction making the task of saving a human life.
· You have the right to get blood in times of personal and / or family emergency.
Because blood cannot be produced nor replaced. It is offered only from human to human. It's a matter of honor. Because we are all candidates of receiving blood. It concerns us all.
We need to educate and enlighten everyone about the importance of donating blood to our fellow human beings, and the need for dissemination of voluntary blood donation.